Well it was a whirlwind while Dan was gone. My mom showered the kids with affection and pancake breakfasts. Dan arrived safely home last Wednesday and hit the ground running with work the next morning at 8am, then a missions celebration at church on Sunday. He was excited to share all that the team experienced over there. Again, if you want to check it out, see the SAFE ministry blog at safemin.blogspot.com (even if you checked it out before, some of the posts did not make it on all the way so the complete posts are being re-posted).
Along with all the excitement of Dan returning, we also were informed we had an appraisal for our house (which we knew was coming) that we had to do soon so we can complete our refinance to get one of these amazing low rates. So we had plans to clean the carpet and do some yard work on Saturday morning. Well, long about 6:30am I realized that my kidney had a plan of its own. I had that distinct kidney stone pain in my right side and I was down for the count. I "labored" at home for 3 hours and then when I couldn't keep fluids down, I headed to the ER. Fun times. I got some morphine and at noon the thing finally went into my bladder giving me some much needed relief. I was hurting for sure.
So the weekend wasn't a total bust. Dan did eventually get the carpets cleaned because Tiel was kind enough to come get the girls. Esias relished the two-on-one time and I think that was just what the doctor ordered for his case of insecurity lately. We ran some errands and turned in early. Sunday we went to church, I got the girls in Springville, and then we went out to Wilson's apple orchard for a little while. Brynn and Marcus showed up just as we were leaving so they came along. Elly was glad to have her BFF along. I will post pics of this soon.
I am still using the strainer, if you know what I mean, and waiting to meet this tiny little nuisance I've named Oliver. Those doggone kidneys!!
1 comment:
Oh you poor girl!!! I hope that little buggar comes out soon!
Post a Comment